TERMS & CONDITIONS
These conditions govern all bookings made with APN Hotel Group Ltd trading as The Bells
Serviced Apartments registered in England under number 10652999 whose registered
office is at 12 Heaton’s Court, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 4LJ.
- Interpretation of terms:
TBSA/us/we/our: The Bells Serviced Apartments
The Booker/you/your/guest: The person using services provided by The Bells.
The Group/Group Bookings: A booking of two or more apartments in the same property or
a number of properties made as one booking across the APN Hotel group.
Offline: A booking/enquiry made with TBSA, via telephone, live chat or via email.
Online: A booking/enquiry made with TBSA via any third party booking websites.
- Your Booking
- Any booking, made online or offline, will only come into existence when your confirmation has been received from us. Upon completing the booking process and receiving your confirmation you enter into a contract with The Bells and agree these terms and conditions.
- Certain restrictions may apply to minimum night stay and age restrictions; you will be advised of these at the time of booking where applicable. We reserve the right to refuse any booking at any time.
- All guest names and contact telephone numbers are required at the time of booking including whether they are adults or minors.
- As soon as your confirmation is received, please check the details carefully. If anything is not correct you should tell us immediately. We cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in your documentation. If there is an error in the confirmation or requested invoice, we reserve the right to correct it as soon as we become aware of it and will do so within 7 days of being notified of the issue.
3) Special Requests
We will endeavour to do everything we can to help guests with special requests. Please ensure we are made aware in writing via email of any special requirements or requests at time of booking via the note section or by contacting us via email with your reservation ID. Although we will endeavour to meet any reasonable requests no guarantees can be given that the request can be met.
Payment is required in accordance with the booking policy that you have selected at the time of booking.
Standard rates must be fully paid within 7 days of the check-in date.
Non-Refundable rates must be paid in full at the time of booking, and once payments are taken, the funds are considered non-refundable.
5) Security Deposit Pre-Authorisation
A £100 security deposit is required per apartment in the reservation. This is held as a pre-authorisation by The Bells’ chosen card terminal provider, and will be returned back to the cardholder within 7 – 10 working days after departure, subject to an apartment inspection and any deductions if relevant.
Payment should be made in GBP by Credit or Debit card.
Deductions from the deposit will be made in any cases of accidental or incidental breakages/ damages, extra cleaning and further accommodation charges incurred during your stay. If any deductions are made to your deposit, you will be notified within 24 hours after your departure via email of any charges in the form of a breakdown of charges or a booking summary/invoice.
The rates/apartment prices we advertise on our website or any booking agents are to the best of our knowledge correct at the date of publication. We reserve the right to change any rates/prices from time to time. Please note that apartment prices may change dependent on events being held within the city or the night of the week.
Once a booking has been confirmed we will not change the apartment rate quoted unless you amend the booking or add additional items to your booking.
*VAT is charged at the rate in force at the time of booking.
7) Changes, Extensions and Cancellations
- Changes; Any changes to a confirmed booking are subject to availability. Any date changes will be subject to an administration fee of £50 per apartment change.
If you are changing your reservation to a different apartment, any apartment price difference must be paid in full at the time of the apartment change request being confirmed.
Name changes will not incur any charges or administration fee.
- Extensions; If you wish to extend a stay, we kindly request as much notice as possible in order to facilitate your request. All extensions are subject to availability and the additional days rate being paid in full once the extension request has been approved.
- The Bells reserves the right to treat an early departure or reduction in the number of nights or apartments booked as a cancellation and apartments may be re-let and the full cancellation charge will apply. Non-arrivals will be treated as a cancellation and you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Cancellations; Standard rate cancellations requested 7 days prior to check-in will not occur any charge. If payment is already received you will be entitled to a refund of the apartment rate. Any additional items which are purchased specifically for your reservation will not be eligible for a refund.
Non-Refundable bookings are non-refundable under all circumstances.
Please be aware that third-party booking agents may offer different cancellation policies. All third-party booking agents uphold and support the Bells cancellation policy.
Your cancellation policy specific to your booking can be found on your confirmation email and are stated above in 7(D).
8) Changes by Us
We do not expect to have to make any changes to your booking however occasionally when bookings do have to be changed or cancelled by us, we reserve the right to do so.
If this does happen, we will contact you by telephone or email where reasonably possible.
If your booking has to be cancelled we will, if possible, offer you an alternative apartment of similar type and standard in a similar location for the same length of stay.
If an alternative apartment is advertised at a lower price, you will receive a
refund of the price difference. However, if the alternative apartment is at a higher
price the new price will be payable.
If The Bells has no alternative apartments available and you have booked through a travel agent, we will to the best of our ability attempt to relocate you to another hotel but this cannot be guaranteed and depends on the other hotel’s rates and availability. If you do not wish to accept a change or any alternative apartment offered or we cannot offer you a suitable alternative apartment, you may be entitled to cancel your booking and receive a refund unless this is the result of an event beyond our Control – see below.
- a) Events beyond our Control include but are not limited to the following: act of God,
outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, revolution, the act of
any government or authority (including but not limited to refusal or revocation of any
licence or consent), fire, flood, lightning, explosion, fog or bad weather, epidemic, pandemic,
interruption or failure of a utility service (including but not limited to electricity, gas,
water or telecommunications), renovations and building work undertaken at the
property or in the local area, strikes, lockouts or boycotts, embargo, blockade.
The Bells does not hold not responsible for the theft and/or damage of your personal
belongings during your stay in any apartment booked. Safes are provided in each
apartment and are used at your own risk. The Bells will not be held liable for forgotten safe
codes or thefts. Therefore we advise you to ensure you have appropriate insurances in
place. In addition you are advised to ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to
cover cancellation and medical expenses.
Reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the content of our website (and/or other
means of promotion or advertising) is correct but it is subject to amendment at any time
without notice. All content on our website (and/or other means of promotion or advertising)
is published in good faith. Given the above factors, we do not warrant that any of the
content on our website (and/or other means of promotion or advertising) accurately or
completely describes any of the apartments.
Our website may link to other websites and we are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked websites.
The Bells reserves the right to refuse online promotions used in conjunction with bookings
made if the promotion has expired and not been removed or updated on the website.
Our website (and/or other means of promotion or advertising) will only have a general
representation of the accommodation shown. Actual apartment size, design, fixtures,
furnishings and facilities may vary.
We are responsible for our own operated apartments, subject to the following conditions.
- All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law or
otherwise are excluded from any contract with us and these conditions shall apply in their place. However, nothing in these terms and conditions will affect your statutory rights if you are a consumer.
- We shall only be liable for direct damages actually suffered, paid
or incurred by you due to an attributable shortcoming of our obligations in respect to
our services, up to an aggregate amount of the aggregate cost of your reservation
as set out in the confirmation email (whether for one event or series of connected
- We nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies shall be liable for any loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim, any inaccuracy relating to the information (including rates, availability and ratings) of the accommodation as made available on our website.
- If you are booking for, as or on behalf of a business or business employee, that
business shall indemnify us against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and
losses suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with your business(s).
12) Your Accommodation
All apartments are occupied as serviced apartments and are only to be used as temporary or holiday accommodation for you, or your organisation. They are not for use as the principal, additional home or residence of guests.
You will not be entitled to a tenancy or an assured shorthold or assured tenancy. No relationship of landlord and tenant is created and no statutory security of tenure exists now or when the period of occupation ends.
If you or any member of your party fails to vacate at the end of the period you will be
charged the appropriate accommodation charges for the continued period of occupation, plus any additional charges where we need to relocate the next guest(s) booked in to the apartment.
No persons other than the named guests at check-in have the right to use the apartment.
These conditions constitute an excluded agreement under S(3A)(7)(a)of the Protection
from Eviction Act 1977, and cannot be construed as an assured tenancy under the Housing Act 1988.
The maximum guests in an apartment is determined by the number of beds in the apartment. If the maximum number is exceeded then we may refuse access to the accommodation and/or reserve the right to charge for additional apartments and guests.
13) Arriving and Departing
The specific arrival and departure policy is stated on your confirmation email. Arrival or late departure may be available for an additional charge but cannot be guaranteed unless booked from the night before arrival or for the night after departure. We reserve the right to change check-in times dependent on time of year at our will.
- a) Access to Your Apartment;
Key collection details will be provided to you (via us or booking agents where applicable) prior to arrival either via email from us or telephone. You will be given a code to enter the building and details of key collection once your booking is confirmed. It is essential that you have this information with you on arrival and, where notified, contact us in advance to confirm the arrival procedure.
- b) Departure
The procedure for departure will be confirmed on arrival with you or via confirmation email.
Guests are welcome to vacate the premises at any time after check-in up until the proper
given departure time stated in the confirmation email. All keys to apartments must be
returned to either staff of the premises or in the key boxes where they were obtained.
Failure to do so may result in a fine for unreturned keys.
14) Facilities and Services
- a) Cleaning: Your apartment is cleaned at the end of your stay unless requested in writing by yourself for stays longer than 1 night. The cleaning time scheduled will be advised to you when/if requested. Housekeeping includes linen/towel change and general cleaning.
- b) Maintenance: Routine maintenance is carried out regularly by our Management team;
however, occasionally we may need access to your apartment to carry out essential
maintenance. We will normally try to give you 24 hours notice except in the event of an
emergency when we require immediate access.
- c) Internet Access: Available complimentary in all apartments. Information about Internet
access will be provided at time of booking or on arrival, we do not accept responsibility for loss of internet and is provided as an extra not an essential.
- d) Security: Guests will be provided with a set of keys and access codes to the property
and the apartment. It is your responsibility to ensure you are in possession of these at all
times and that they are returned at the end of your stay. An additional charge of £250.00
will be made for replacement keys and lock. If we are required to provide access due to
forgotten codes or keys an additional fee of £150.00 will be charged.
This will be taken from your deposit immediately after check-out.
It is important that a staff member is informed immediately about loss of keys, and The Bells recommends leaving them in the security boxes if you are to leave the building for any reason. Guests leaving before the check-out time where a manager cannot be found on site should leave the apartment keys in the box in which they were found and to depart the building in your own time.
- e) Interruption to services: We will make every effort to ensure that guests enjoy a
peaceful stay, however, we cannot guarantee or be held responsible for any failure or
interruption of services to the apartment or the building, including but not limited to electricity, air conditioning, water or any damage to telephone, broadband/ internet and other communications. This includes disruption or noise caused as a result of repair works being
carried out in another part of the property or from other guests in the property. Where we
are made aware of such failure or interruption we will endeavour to rectify such services
within a reasonable period of time at our apartments.
- f) Guest Services: Our guest services team is available to ensure your stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Contact details and working hours are provided to you on arrival and in your confirmation email. We will to the best of our ability try to facilitate guests requests but cannot guarantee this.
- g) Netflix: Netflix is provided on all main televisions in each apartment. This, like the
internet access is provided as an extra not an essential and we will not be held liable for the service not working.
15) Guest Responsibility
- Guests are expected to comply with any regulations for use of the apartment. These are available on arrival and in your confirmation email. If any guest breaches any of these conditions or the regulations, we reserve the right to vacate guests from their apartment immediately without refund and you may be subject to a charge from your deposit.
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted inside any apartments. If we find evidence of smoking within any apartment – this includes the smell of smoke on any furnishings or decor or tampering with smoke detection devices – a fumigation fee of £250.00 will be taken directly from your deposit. Smoking is permitted on balconies if your apartment has one where an ashtray is provided.
- Pets: Pets are allowed in any apartment or apartment building, this may be subject to an additional pet deposit, this will be instructed to you at the time of request if relevant.
- Nuisance: Guests are required to behave in a responsible manner, respect the apartment and their fellow guests and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 9pm and 8am. This includes causing any sort of nuisance or disruption to fellow guests or using threatening or abusive behaviour towards a member of staff on the phone, in writing or in person. Guests are not permitted to use the apartment for any illegal or immoral purposes.
An additional charge of £150.00 will be made if the Management team is called out in response to a nuisance complaint. You will be notified upon your departure via email whether a charge has been made.
- Age Restrictions: In order to ensure our guests enjoy a free from disturbance stay, all bookings require that all guests must be over the age of 18. Children may be allowed access to the apartment at the sole discretion of The Bells with prior notice and confirmation from The Bells. Photographic identification will be requested on arrival by all guests and if not presented on request, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and refuse entry to you or members of your party and the booking will not be eligible for a refund.
- Guests are responsible for their visitors. The Bells operate a strict no party policy. Any visitors caught staying in the apartment NOT specified at check-in will be evicted and a fee of £250.00 per person will be charged. Guests may, only with the written authorisation of management bring guests into the apartment between 3pm and 9pm, the number of guests allowed is double the apartment room capacity.
- Damage: Guests are required to keep the apartment, furniture, fittings and effects in the same condition as on arrival. Inventories and condition reports can be provided at the start and end of the stay, if required upon request only.
*You are required to notify us of any damage, loss or broken items or matters requiring general maintenance. Any damage to the apartment will be charged in full relevant to the item or items. In the event that these are discovered after departure we will notify you or the booker within 7 days of departure with full details, where possible photographic evidence and any charges made to your deposit.
- Cleanliness: We expect the apartments to be left in a reasonable state of cleanliness and order on departure. An additional charge will be made for extra cleaning or specialist cleaning to return the apartment to a fit state for occupation. Additional charges may include compensation for loss of revenue or bookings in addition to cleaning and repairs.
- Lost Property: All your possessions should be removed from the apartment on the date of departure. We will use reasonable endeavours to retain any lost items for up to 7 days after your departure date. Email: email@example.com for information relating to lost items. If your possessions are found we will to the best of our ability attempt to get them back to you, any postage charges will be charged from your deposit.
- Storage: Where facilities are available and at your own risk, storage of luggage may be provided if you are arriving before the check-in time. We will hold luggage for a maximum of 12 hours before or after check-in time.
16) List of Additional Charges
As a guide, additional charges include, but are not limited to the following:
- Breakages, loss or damage to the apartment or any of its contents will be charged at the full cost of the item plus a 20% replacement fee. If a specific item cannot be replaced for example if it constitutes part of a set or the item is discontinued, the full cost of a replacement item plus a 20% replacement fee will be charged to the deposit.
- Cleaning and specialist treatment charges where more than routine cleaning is required or smoking has occurred: £250.
- Providing access to apartments outside of specified check-in hours 3pm – 10pm: £150.
- Lost keys: £250
- Dry Cleaning services: Subject to provided dry cleaners rates and charges + 20% admin fee.
- Laundry machines: Provided in apartments and are free of charge.
- Any alcohol consumed on the premises is the responsibility of the guest or apartment booker. We do not condone alcohol consumed by anybody under the age of 18 years old as this is in direct breach of our licensing conditions.
Alcohol prices are listed in each apartment in frames
- Netflix: Free of charge.
- First aid kits: Free of charge
- Fire extinguishers being used unlawfully: £100.
17) Health and Safety
We take the health and safety of all our guests seriously. On arrival you should familiarise yourself with the layout of the apartment and building and the health and safety procedures as detailed in your apartment.
First aid kits are on site and staff members have basic first aid and fire safety training. First
aid kits can be requested from The Bells staff and fire extinguishers are provided in the
communal areas of the building. Any fire extinguishers used unlawfully will occur a
charge from your deposit of £100.
18) Quality and Feedback
We are committed to providing high quality accommodation and conduct regular audits to
ensure that high standards are maintained at the apartments. We welcome feedback from our guests and appreciate any feedback on booking agents websites or travel websites. We value this feedback which provides us with useful information on how we can improve our services further. We ask kindly that you do not name staff specifically on your reviews.
In an event that you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your accommodation please notify our staff as soon as possible in the first instance. If you do not give us the opportunity to resolve a problem during your stay, this may affect the final outcome of any complaint received. We aim to deliver the best possible customer service, in an event that you are dissatisfied with our service, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 We may use your contact details to tell you about our services and apartments including special offers that we think may be of interest to you from our company. If you do not want us to use your contact information please let us know by email to email@example.com and we will remove your contact details from our mailing list.
21) Your Online Booking
If you make an instant online booking, you will be taken to a confirmation screen with a
summary of your booking, including your booking reference number and the booking
conditions made up of the apartment’s payment terms, cancellation policy and check-in
22) Changes to Terms and Conditions
If guests are in breach of any of these conditions, we reserve the right to request that guests vacate their apartment immediately.
These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning these conditions and any matter arising from them.
Any externally arranged, third-party entertainment, party providers, food providers and others who enter the venue will be charged a 30% commission rate. This will be taken from the lead booker’s security deposit following the stay
*We reserve the right to change these conditions from time to time without notice.